March 22, 2008

A Question

Why is Gail Collins?

I read the NYT and feel brain cells falling out of my ears. Unpleasant.

I suppose I should be sympathetic. No doubt, all the writers and editors at the Times are bored waiting for the next phase of the neverending war to begin. But I'm sure they won't make the same mistakes they did in the past. I'm certain they won't offer a major cultural megaphone for government propaganda.

It's not as if the Times would announce: "Iran has a nuclear weapons program ... Perhaps no one can now pretend that Iran has no hostile motives for its nuclear program."

That was on October 29, 2005. I discussed that fascinating bit of warmongering fiction posing as an editorial here: "The New York Times Learns Nothing -- Absolutely Nothing."

I imagine a world where, even if a major newspaper actually knew that Iran had a nuclear weapons program, it would write an editorial titled, "So Iran Gets Nukes. So What?"

Arthur, you ask, wherever do you get such a wonderfully creative imagination? C'mon. No admissions of moral turpitude here.

I wonder how I could get in touch with Sebastian Horsley. I'd like to ask him some questions. Only for purposes of research.

Of course.